About the Position:
Capital City Construction (CCC) is a Licensed General Contractor engaged in building multifamily projects for our parent company, Capital City Real Estate, as well as offering General Contracting and Construction Management, services to third-party customers. We are seeking a Construction Superintendent for full time employment. In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the Construction Manager or Lead Superintendent in planning, organizing, securing, managing, leading, and controlling resources to successfully obtain the goals and objectives of construction projects.
- Day-to-Day On-Site Supervision and management aspects of the project
- Create and maintain construction schedules
- Ensure Site Cleanliness
- Assist in purchasing and contracting
- Have a complete understanding of plans and all aspects of the construction of the project
- Have a complete understanding of the project site to include logistical challenges, neighborhood concerns, municipal restrictions, and any other potential issues that could affect the construction activities
- Control costs to keep project on budget
- Coordinate the efforts of the Suppliers and Contractors to maintain project schedule
- Review and approve construction invoices in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA Safety requirements and the Company Safety Program and maintain project safety log
- Provide Quality Assurance per contract documents, standards, applicable building codes, and common sense.
- Assist as requested in maintaining and updating the Company’s online project software
- Take required construction pictures
- Act as on-site point of contact for neighbors, inspectors, contractors, suppliers, and government officials
- Prepare Project Reports
- Minimize exposure and risk on a project
- Anticipate and provide, or recommend solutions to potential issues
- Resolve and/or escalate issues as necessary
- Assist in timely and thorough turnover of completed project to Owner
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes with possible solutions
- Comply with, support, and help implement company policies and procedures
- Assist, as directed, with the Buyer Pre-Settlement Orientations and Buyer Walkthroughs
- Provide assistance with Warranty Claims
- At least 5 years of construction experience, with minimum 2 years as Superintendent, preferably with urban infill construction experience.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications
- Experience working with architects, engineers and other professionals
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage people and resources
- Great communication skills
- Well organized
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent decision making skills
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Ability and desire to represent the company in a professional manner, as noted in the Company guidelines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office as well as ability to adapt to new technology and software
- Experience with Procore software a plus.
- Commercial/Multifamily construction experience a plus.
- Light tool use required
- Reliable vehicle required
Schedule & Environment:
This is a full-time field position with an opportunity for advancement. Daily schedule will vary depending on requirements of the project. Saturday work may be necessary. Environment will be mostly on-site at the construction jobs needing to work outdoors in all weather conditions, traverse uneven ground, regularly climb multiple levels of stairs, and lift up to 50 pounds.